• Registration for forum on Friday May 10: (before May 6)
For State of Europe Forum Friday, including lunch and drinks: €50 (non-Romanians); 100 RON for Romanians.
For non-Romanians, you can pay on arrival at the forum, or transfer €50 to:
IBAN number: NL38 RABO 0326 5210 62
Payments should be made to State of Europe Forum/Schuman Centre
• Book accommodation as close to the Parliamentary Palace and the Patriarchal Palace as possible. These are within walking distance of each other, and of Unirii Square. Hotel Ibis Bucharest Parliamentary Palace is a good location. Also any location in the Old Town area.
• Taxi from the airport: purchase taxi coupon from the machine in the airport lobby to avoid paying high prices. Normal fares to downtown are 40-50 RON, €10-13. Exchange rates: from 4.1 to 4.8 RON (lei) per €.
• Dress code: smart casual to formal.
• Europe day celebration, May 9, 19.30, Patriarchal Palace, Bucharest
The Patriarchal Palace is right next door to the Patriarchal Cathedral (see photo, left below, and map). It is a short walk up the hill from Unirii Square, by the old Town. This event is open for all.
• State of Europe Forum, May 10, 9.00-18.15, Parliamentary Palace, Bucharest
The Parliamentary Palace is a 20 minute walk from Unirii Square.
Note: change of Gate – Approach the palace from the intersection between Natiunile Unite Blvd (United Nations Boulevard) and Bd. Libertataii (Liberty Boulevard) to the entrance on the north side at gate C1. You will see State of Europe Forum signs. There you will go through security check and need to have your ID with you. Your name will be on the participants list. Be there by 8.30 to go through formalities.